Your shopping bag is empty
What is CBD?
CBD, short for cannabidiol, is a chemical compound from the Cannabid sativa plant, which is also known as marijuana.
It's a naturally occurring substance that's used in products like oils and edibles to impart a feeling of relaxation and calm. Unlike its cousin, delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), which is the major active ingredient in marijuana, CBD is not psychoactive.
What Are The Types of CBD?
Isolate, full spectrum and broad spectrum are the three most common types of CBD, each created with a different extraction method. Familiarizing yourself with the different cannabinoid profiles of these 3 types of CBD will allow you to know what’s inside the CBD you’re buying and how it will interact with your body.
< Full Spectrum – Broad Spectrum – Isolate Image>
- Isolate. As the name suggests, CBD isolate products are made with an isolated version of the CBD molecule. There are not any other cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids or fatty acids naturally present in the product, unless they were added to a product separately.
- Broad Spectrum. Broad Spectrum CBD is the middle ground option between isolate and full spectrum CBD. It begins as a full spectrum oil, with the full range of beneficial cannabinoids and terpenes, but it then goes through a refinement process to remove all THC compounds.
- Full Spectrum. Full Spectrum CBD offers a full profiles of beneficial cannabinoids from the hemp plant. Sometimes referred to as a whole plant, full spectrum will contain trace amounts of THC (<0.3%), but not enough to get you “high”.
What is the different between CBD, CBC, CBN and CBG?
CBD, CBN, CBC, CBG and about 80 other chemicals are all in a class of compounds known as cannabinoids, found in abundance in the cannabis plant. Cannabinoids are responsible for many of the effects of cannabis consumption and have important therapeutic benefits.
Cannabidiol or (CBD) occurs in many strains, at low levels, <1%. In rare cases, CBD can be the dominant cannabinoid, as high as 15% by weight. Popular CBD-rich strains (>4% CBD) include Sour Tsunami, Harlequin and Cannatonic.
- It can provide relief for chronic pain due to muscle spasticity, convulsions and inflammation offering relief for patients with MS, Fibromyalgia and Epilepsy.
- Some researchers feel it provides effective relief from anxiety-related disorders.
Cannabinol or (CBN) is an oxidative degradation product of THC. It may result from improper storage or curing and extensive processing, such as when making concentrates. It is usually formed when THC is exposed to UV light and oxygen over time.
- CBN has some psychoactive properties, about 10% of the strength of THC.
- CBN is thought by researchers to enhance the dizziness and disorientation users of cannabis may experience.
Cannabichromene or (CBC) is a rare, non-psychoactive cannabinoid, usually found at low levels (<1%) when present.
- Research conducted has shown CBC has anti-depressant effects, 10x those of CBD.
- CBC has also been shown to improve the pain-relieving effects of THC.
- Studies have demonstrated that CBC has sedative effects, promoting relaxation.
Cannabigerol or (CBG) is a non-psychoactive cannabinoid. It is commonly found in cannabis. CBG-acid is the precursor to both THC-acid and CBD-acid in the plant usually found at low levels (<1%) when present.
- Researchers have demonstrated both pain relieving and inflammation reducing effects.
- CBG reduces intraocular pressure, associated with glaucoma.
- CBG has been shown to have antibiotic properties and to inhibit platelet aggregation, which slows the rate of blood clotting.
More info can be found here - https://pureanalytics.net/blog/2011/12/12/medicinal-cannabinoid-faq-what-are-thc-cbd-cbn-cbc-and-%E2%80%A6/
WSC’s house blends allow for an integrated approach to symptom relief. All blends contain a broad spectrum extract packed with CBD, CBC, CBN and CBG.
- Calm. Our ‘Calm’ blend focuses to subdue the struggles of anxiety and depression. With its integrated blend of enhanced CBD, CBC, and CBN, ‘Calm’ allows users a stress-free approach to the day.
- Happy. Our ‘Happy’ blend combines the uplifting properties of CBC with the antidepressant properties of CBD. This blends is designed for mood enhancement, the promotion of physical function, and aids in the improvement of cognitive functioning.
- Sleep. Our ‘Sleep’ blend combines the sedative characteristics of CBN with the reductive, relaxing effects of CBD. From acute to chronic insomnia, ‘Sleep’ will help even the most restless of sleepers receive a quality night’s rest.
- Soothe. Our ‘Soothe’ blend utilizes the integral hemp-derived compounds of CBG, CBN and CBD to allow its user the most holistic approach to combating pain relief to its core. This blend is crated to encourage healing through its anti-inflammatory properties, remedy sore muscles, and aid in chronic relief.
Cannabinoids dosage must be individually determined. Several factors come into play, including one’s overall health and endocannabinoid response, which are influenced by diet, exercise, sleep pattern, overall stress, and genetics. Use of cannabinoid-present products are most often utilized by those who seek optimal health the natural way.
CBD may cause side effects when mixed with other medications or used in high quantities. These symptoms include:
- Changes in appetite and weight
- Interactions with prescription medications